Monday, January 25, 2010

Getting Rid of Plastic


One of the goals that I am working towards is
Eliminating as much plastic from our lives as possible.
Part of "Finding the Balance Between Old and New" will be exploring how to get back to using glass and stainless steel to store and cook foods. We have all come to accept that reheating and cooking in plastic in microwaves is not good for us. Storing food in plastic can't be too good for us either.
In my effort, I have been scouring thrift stores and flea markets for glass.
Here is what I have found so far:

I had forgotten how satisfying it is to handle, wash and stack glass.
I am enjoying the hunt for the old style cornflower Corningware.
Since I am so cheap, I won't pay more than 50 cents or so for the small square ones and not much over $1 for anything else.

It feels good to walk by that shelf .

2 comments:

  1. Look at you! Three posts in three days, yippee! ;) Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you are back...my days are mo bettah when I can surf and find your latest happy!!! Grazzy azz for sharing!

    ReplyDelete